Monday, May 2, 2011

Welcome to the City!

While Glenn and the two younger kids walked over to the Spokane Convention Center to get Glenn's Bloomsday number, etc, Nicole and I "had" to wander around Pier 1 since we parked in their parking lot.  It's all way too expensive for my blood, but it was so delightful to just spend time with her pointing out the things we were drawn to.  These masks were too fabulous!  I asked her if I could snap her picture "for my blog"  (my new mantra!) and she gave her blessing! 



After dinner at Red Robin, we stayed at our friends, Doug and Kim's.  Our kids (the girls mostly) LOVE their trampoline.  This was the first time that Morgan really felt comfortable with it. 
It was SUCH a beautiful sunny day on Sunday. 



Glenn's drop off/pick-up point to ride the bus downtown for Bloomsday was the Spokane Valley Mall which works out nicely for a little JC Penney shopping (I'll have to blog about the cute purse I bought myself--zebra stripes!).  And the kids are ALL ABOUT the escaltor.  They'd go up and down ten times if I'd let them!  Although Nicole is now getting old enough to be self-conscious of people staring at our redneckness! 

 Again, me with my Mantra.... hold it while I take your picture for my blog. 
They're agreeable now, but how long can it last?!!


And then. . . . we walked past the elevator.  They have an elevator?!!!!!  Can we go up that and down the escalator?!!!  Oh, the joys of the big city!

No comments: