Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dessert for a family of five


Glenn and I have very little use for McDonald's.  I used to be a Big Mac lover in my high school and college days, but no longer.  They've faded in quality, or I've outgrown them.  Now I'm more of a Whopper lover (on Wednesdays only!)  or whatever's best on the Value Menu, but rarely do we actually eat a meal at McD's.

I do appreciate their soft serve on occasion.  Their Hot Fudge Sundaes for $1.00?  Yumm.  What's not to love about those?  (no nuts on mine, thank you.)


But, Are you aware that *some* McDonald's also offer what they call Kids Cones?  These delightful little morsels of goodness are a measly 20 cents.  I kid you not!  Twenty cents?  We've been known to go through the drive thru and order 5 kids cones  (yes five--they're called kids cones, but who are we kidding?  Glenn and I qualify.  We do.)  Do you know what we spend?  I whopping $1.07.

On our trip to Spokane, we splurged on a set of 5 cones (we feel like really big spenders--here's our dollar and 7 pennies, now hand over five desserts, would ya?!).  I noticed that these babies are not even listed on the menu, so be sure to ask.  Sadly, very few McD's seem to offer them.  For you Lewistonians, the McD's on the bottom of 21st is the only one, I think.
As we were driving away I announced that I needed a picture for my blog (there's my mantra again!).  Then Glenn and I began to debate the size of the cone so I could describe it accurately.  I said three inches, he said no way.  So I grabbed his tape measure in the door of his company pickup. 
Look at that--THREE inches!
(Now, I may have said the cone alone was three inches, but that's splitting hairs, right? )

So, here's to 3 inches of ice cream goodness.  For less than a quarter! 
The only thing that would make it better is chocolate instead of vanilla ice cream,
but for 20 cents, I'll live with vanilla!

1 comment:

Jen said...

The orchard's McD's does too...and if you order a happy meal, it's free! :)