Friday, May 6, 2011

Riding the Range

Nicole got off the bus yesterday and immediately asked if she and I could go for a ride and thank goodness she did!  The weather was simply delightful!  I spent the first 45 minutes riding without my jacket on--just a light long-sleeved shirt.  Wow!  It's been months and months since I could be outside without a jacket!



I rode our pony, Joe.  We are trying to decide whether to sell him or get Morgan started on riding him more, but either way I figured he needed to get that first spring ride out of the way.  He did great.  Nicole started out bareback while we rode in the roundpen.  She and her horse are coming along nicely.  She's such a good little rider.  We rode out through the woods behind the sawmill after the round pen time.
These two (Zip & Zoe) LOVE going for horse back rides because it means a nice long walk for them exploring the woods!  They waste no time getting muddy and dirty!  A fun time was had by all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH ... I'm all for keeping "Joe". He's a great ride and a nice looking pony. Push Morgan out the door and trick'em, bribe'em, pay him to get on that horse ... Whatever it takes. Lie to the little darling and tell him every great Rock Star started out first as a world class rider. I like it!!! .... It'll work!