Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Face Only a Mother Could Love

My friend, Candi, invited me to tag along when she went to pick up her Quarter Horse mare, Skip, from the breeder's on Thursday.  Skip has had three babies, but this will be the first time she'll have a mule baby.  It should be interesting.

This is a full-grown mule (with those full-grown ears!!).  Skip's baby will likely turn out very much like this as far as color and size.

This is the baby's daddy.  He would be a donkey.  Isn't he purty?  As Candi put it, he looks something like a cartoon character.  His ears are SOOOOO long!  And his eyes seem kinda droopy.  They reminded me of a Basset Hounds eyes.  I wish I had captured him braying on video to share with you.  It made me laugh so hard.  It's that classic Heeee-Haaaaw, but oh so comical!

Look at those ears.  You could lose a small child in them, I swear!  Check the blog in about one year for the new baby mule. . .   Patience, my friends.  Patience.

Sadly the year will go by much faster than any of us (except maybe Skip) wants it to.  You know it will.

2 comments:

anatomy 1 said...

Had Skip ultrasounded on Monday, she isn't bred, dang it :(( So, I took her back to "Jack" this weekend. She was definitely in heat with the "teaser", so hopefully she will catch this time. Haven't heard from the "jack mom" since then.

Anonymous said...

...I really hate to sound stupid, but what the heck is a "teaser"?