Saturday, May 14, 2011

Horses and Sunshine

It was a true miracle.  All the factors for a horse back ride with friends came together not once, but twice this week!  The weather even cooperated.  Nicole was a tad bit annoyed that I was riding while she was in school.  She suggested that I could pull her out of school to join us.  I momentarily considered it, but good sense won out!


She did get to ride in the round pen on my friend Candi's 3 year old gelding Quarter Horse.  It was cool for her to get to ride him as he was born on her birthday 3 years ago.  When you're a horse-crazy kid, that's an exciting event!  I rode him also and I lead Morgan on him.  We were the first people, besides Candi, to ever ride him.  He was a perfect gentleman.  (He also happens to be for sale, in case anyone you know is looking for a nice horse!)

Me on my horse, Dakota, Marilyn on Jack and Candi on Nifty

Ride #1 was on Wednesday.  Marilyn, Candi and I went for a 2 hour ride (with dogs in tow!).  Ride #2 was on Friday with Marilyn, Sheila and Aurelia (Sheila's daughter) for another 2 hour ride.  When Nicole got off the bus, she and I went out for another hour.  I even got a little sunburn and I'm not sore--another miracle!  Oh, life is good!

1 comment:

anatomy 1 said...

Thanks for the advertising! I'll give you a cut if I see him :) I was SO excited to see you and Nicole ride Nifty. He really did impress me and Nicole was all smiles. Cute pictures!