Saturday, May 28, 2011

Oh, to be Young Again

I am so rude. I laughed in Nicole's face, when she asked if she could have EIGHT girls for a sleepover for her 12th birthday. Eight. Just for some perspective, I have only allowed 2 or 3 in the past. I know other people who have that many girls for sleepovers, but eight sounded like a lot to me. I'm such a party pooper. So, we considered six guests and she decided on 4 as her final offer. I took it and ran. I think they did all kinds of fun things, but again, I'm a party pooper so how good of a judge can I possibly be?


Trike races. Fun for all.

Bubble Gum Races. You bury a piece of bubble gum (think: Bubbalicious) in a pile of whipped cream. The contestants have to pick up the gum with their mouth. The first to blow a bubble wins. Fun stuff, I'm telling you.
A scavenger hunt at the Keuterville Cemetary. Find a child's tombstone. Find a Poxleitner. Find the oldest tombstone. etc. etc. etc. A little morbid, I know, but these are 12 year old girls, it's hard to impress them at this age!

In keeping up with expectations, Glenn made a rather large fire that was nearly impossible to approach with roasting sticks. We need to have someone make us 10 foot long roasting sticks so you don't scorch your eyebrows when trying to brown a marshmallow. As you can see (kind of) in the above picture, they decided that the trick was laying on your belly to avoid as much heat as possible while roasting. It looked like an army crawl. I was joking that they were "sneaking up" on the fire!

Yes, we have a couch (Nicole is on the far right) that we drag out by the fire pit area. We are rednecks, you know. I bet you've never sat by a campfire on a couch. It's an experience. Quite cozy, in fact. Come try it sometime.

No comments: