Saturday, May 14, 2011

The One that Got Away

We had a fun if brief trip to our pond (on property we own a couple miles up the road) on Mother's Day Weekend.  The weather wasn't exactly stellar, but it could've been worse.  It was our first trip to the pond this spring and we only brought one fishing pole along.  On my first cast I caught a nice 12-inch fish.  Of course, my camera was in the pick-up, so I was very hopeful we'd catch another.  All the kids took a turn, but no one else caught one for the longest time.  Finally, Morgan caught a very nice fish--even fatter than the one I caught.  He was mortified at the thought of even standing next to it for a picture!  He was paranoid that Glenn would touch him with it or something!!

While Glenn and I sat by the pond, the girls played in the creek that runs out of the pond.  They love playing in that creek.  Who needs expensive electronics when you can play in running water with rubber boots?!

On the way down the road, the girls wanted us to stop and look at a tiny little waterfall where the water was really "blue," according to them.  I saw a good oportunity for a photo op. 

This tree was across the creek.  Luckily no one fell in.  Ellea was actually in a pretty precarious position!  They're such good sports!


No comments: