Friday, May 20, 2011

Birthday Fun, Part Two

I have so many dear friends! I felt very loved when a few of them got together for a little birthday celebration in honor of little ol' me! I was busy all day on my birthday (read: I had to work), so they planned it for the day after my birthday. I thought we were just getting together for coffeecake, so I had a little breakfast beforehand. Turns out, there was a full spread. Never fear, I always have room for more! Marilyn made a yummy sausage casserole and Sheila brought the coffeecake. She assured us it was calorie-free, so I had plenty!

Sheila, Marilyn, me, Della and Shirley (again, Morgan with his new picture-taking skills! He was such a good sport--he played with Marilyn's toy-supply and left us entirely alone. He's such a great kid!)

How beautiful is this?! I hated to eat it, but LOVED the raspberries! I never buy them because they're so expensive. (Thanks, Marilyn, for not being as cheap as I am!)


And, yes, we drank wine. That was my favorite part of the whole thing. Marilyn has these adorable little glasses, so you don't feel like a lush drinking wine at 9am! Sheila brought this yummy grape/huckleberry wine that was just a little bit sweet. Aren't I a lucky girl to have such wonderful friends?! Thanks guys, for making me feel so special!

1 comment:

anatomy 1 said...

Great friends are hard to come by, you have awesome ones (including me, of course:)) Looks like alot of fun! I have been meaning to try this wine, now I just have to.