Friday, March 16, 2012

A Glimmer of Hope

Nicole and I had our first horseback ride of 2012 a couple weeks ago. It was a balmy 55 degrees and I was in heaven!! We rode without stocking caps or gloves and I had on a windbreaker. Those of you who live in balmier climates have no understanding of what a big deal it is to be outside without multiple layers of clothing after months of confinement!!!

We hadn't ridden since last November, but Nicole's horse, Zeus was a perfect gentleman.

Self-portrait on horseback. Trickier than one would think. I have several photos with parts of me or Nicole cut off.
What is that shining orb in the sky?! It blinds me. Is it? Could it be? The sun!! Glorious, warm, delightful sun!

(Sadly, it wasn't to last. In the past week we've been snowed on several times. But there's hope! Someday, I will break out the capris and the sunscreen. Someday.)

No comments: