Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Italiano

Me and my NY buddies ate at a delicious little restaurant in Little Italy on our second night.   We walked there after checking out the 9-11 Memorial.  We asked a police officer how far away it was and he said, "Oh, about 7 blocks."  We walked 7 blocks and then asked another person how close we were.  "Oh, about 7 blocks."  WHAT?!!!  My feet were so dog-tired at this point from walking all week! 

We finally made it and checked out a few stalls in China Town which is right by Little Italy.   Most everything for sale in China Town can be haggled for, but that's hard for me.  I love a good deal, but don't want to feel like I'm ripping someone off either!  I was so torn.  I didn't enjoy that shopping experience so much!


I struggled with what I should order at the restaurant, because it all looked so good.  I decided to go with the homemade raviolis and it didn't disappoint.  The waiter had a heavy italian accent and I was constantly asking my dinnermates, "What did he say?"  They tired of my query because they weren't understanding him any better than I was. 

1 comment:

anatomy 1 said...

Hey, come on, with a maiden name like yours, I figured you could understand Italian the best :))