Saturday, June 25, 2011

Me and My Shadow--Reposted

My apologies for the pictures not coming through on this post about my dog, Zip. I know you've been losing sleep since you didn't get to see the photos, so here is the original post with the pictures (hopefully).

My Schnauzer, Zip, thinks very highly of me. I like that about him. I wish Glenn would get half as excited to see me as Zip does. He wouldn't have to wag his tail, jump around and bark excitedly. Maybe a little of that would be okay. No, it would just be weird.

I'm quite fond of Zip, but I think he tends to give Schnauzers everywhere a bad name. He's terrific around my little family, but dislikes most other people. Okay, he dislikes all other people. He barks. He growls. He's even been known to nip at the legs of people walking innocently past him. My mail lady won't get out of her car to put packages on the front porch because he has bit her in the past. Thankfully, she has a Schnauzer of her own and hasn't filed charges. I think he acts that way because he's a scaredy-cat and it's all a bluff to look tough. He's not so bad. He adores me, so how bad can he be?


He loves riding on the four-wheeler.
Just this week, he's discovered that he can sit in my lap while I drive the tractor. I don't typically drive the tractor a whole lot, but lately, I've been driving it around the field while Glenn (and sometimes the kids) pitch in rocks. Those pesky rocks.

Zip's never been much of a lap-sitter. He'd usually rather sit near me than in my lap. But in the tractor, there's no other option really, so in my lap he sits. He prefers that I pet him if he's going to sit in my lap. No reason to have a good petting-hand going to waste.

So, there you have it, the ins and outs of my lovely dog. He's a dork, but he's mine. I think I'll keep him. For now.

No comments: