Sunday, June 26, 2011

Walk This Way

My girls are so funny. They're always thinking up silly things to pass the time and make me laugh. We decided to go for a walk with Grandma. To just walk would be so. . . so, mundane.

So they walked like penguins. We had to have a talk about just how penguins walk. I'm glad we got that talk out of the way. I was so not looking forward to it.

And then they took up skipping. The above picture is a little blurry, but it's the only one of Grandma skipping with the girls. Skipping hurts my head. All that jarring and bouncing. That didn't stop Grandma from joining in the fun. I think it's been awhile since Grandma skipped. She's still got it.

Did you know when they do the Kindergarten screening around here, they ask the kids to skip? How silly is this? I was shocked when I found that out after Nicole's screening. How could she possibly know this skill? I hadn't bothered to teach her the finer points of skipping. Her being my first born and all, I took it personally that she didn't ace everything in the screening. By the time #2 and 3 went through it, I couldn't care less! So the moral of this story is, teach your small children to skip. If it matters to you. Or don't.

No comments: