Monday, June 20, 2011

Pic-a-nic Basket

The kids and I put together a picnic the other day. First we had to debate what was needed for a proper picnic. It was decided that lemonade and brownies or cookies were a must. I remembered that I had a package of pre-fab cookies in the freezer. You know, the kind that you break apart and bake. I had been saving them for a "special occasion" of some sort. I figured I'd know when the time was right to use them. Well, this was the time!
These happened to be the chocolate chip lovers variety. They were met with approval by all. Ellea wondered if they'd bake up square since that's how their shape out of the freezer. But, by the magic of the cookie-world, they came out looking like your typical cookie--irresistible!
After we had our lunch all prepared, we drove the four wheeler down the road to a meadow near the old sawmill and laid out our spread. It was a delightfully warm day (that's unusual--where's the rain?!). We enjoyed the whole event. Ellea wasn't thrilled with our uninvited, but inevitable, ant guests. I told her no picnic is complete without ants, but she wasn't buying it. For some reason, they seemed drawn to her. Probably because she's so sweet. She gets that from me.

No comments: