Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wine Tasting

We went on a much needed date night last weekend. The kids put themselves to bed for the very first time. We've left the kids for a few hours at a time, but never at bed time. The report the next morning indicated that all was well. No mutiny. No blood. We're definitely going on more dates soon!


Here we are, all dressed up for our friends' Wine Tasting party (cocktail attire, please!). The pick-up behind us is "all dressed up" also! It had just been washed, so we thought we better use it.

So for the wine tasting, everyone brings a bottle of wine to share and they provide all kinds of yummy foods to snack on. It's divine! I'm not usually a big wine drinker because I like my wines pretty sweet, but I found a couple I'd never tried that were really yummy. One was a "Special Harvest Reisling," and a crazy-named wine--"Gewurztraminer." I was delighted to realize that I had a bottle of that very same Gewurzt-whatever at home that I had been given as a birthday gift (thanks, Shirley!). I had no idea I liked it so much! Now I need to decide if I save the bottle for a special guest, or just drink it all by myself! I will report back on that dilemma soon!

3 comments:

Noah's Grumpy said...

Gewurtz is excellent with turkey - it is our traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas wine.

anatomy 1 said...

Wow, you guys look awesome! Very proud of you, taking time for yourselves. Marv and I should do that more often too, it looks like you guys had a great time!

Anonymous said...

You should try the gewurtz from the Moscow winery. I think it is called Ewe eye or something. Yum. (Jen)