Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pic-a-nic Part 2

Following our picnic feast, the kids ran around and played and I read the book I brought along. At one point, I thought the kids were playing hide and seek, but they were also talking on their walkie-talkies which seems like an odd combo. Turns out, they were "spying" on me. Very enthralling. It went something like this:
Nicole: What's she doing?
Morgan: She's reading her book.
A short time later. . . .
Ellea: What's she doing now?
Morgan: Reading her book.

I felt so violated.


At one point, we found this great tree the kids wanted to climb and I, of course, saw it as another photo op (my poor kids!). You'd be surprised just how much time we spent getting them all into this position. That branch next to Ellea was more difficult to maneuver around than one would imagine!

And then, the kids discovered that if they ran with the sheet we brought along to sit on, that it filled with air. They were SO delighted with themselves over this activity! You can't see it real well here, but both girls' faces are just lit up with huge grins!! Why can't I be so easily delighted with the simple pleasures in life? I'll have to work on that.

No comments: