Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Bear

Really.
The above picture is of a black bear. You can't see it? Are you sure? C'mon. . . . That black object in the center of the photo, right next to the tree? You can tell that's a black bear, right? Of course you can.

Glenn and I were feeding our neighbor's horses when this fat, black, fuzzy creature lumbered across the road ahead of us and into the trees. I've never seen bears around here before, so I got VERY excited. I wanted badly to follow him, but we were in our minivan and the road we would've driven was an old logging road. Uphill. In the mud. So we jumped out and tried to follow on foot, but he was moving rapidly and the above picture is the best we came up with. I had rather high hopes of snapping a fabulous shot for my blog.

Instead, I was able to get a nice shot of his footprint in the mud.


Really.
You can tell this is a bear paw print, right? Of course you can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yahhhh, NO... I don't see it!