Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cows are Special.

Sometimes, Glenn's cows drive me crazy! And then there's Glenn. (Yes, Glenn drives me crazy, but that's not what I mean this time!) He really gets frustrated when the cows are knuckleheads and do their own thing. No matter how nicely you ask. No matter how angrily you ask. They don't want/need/understand what you're asking, so they're not going to comply with your request, no matter how you ask.






This is Glenn pre-non-compliant cows. He had me get off the four-wheeler because he was planning to "waller" through the water to get to the gate. I don't think he wallered as much as he imagined, but I appreciated the sentiment. I don't care to be splashed with mud and water unless I'm in a good mud wrestling match. Wait. I don't care to be spashed with mud and water. Ever.




This is the first attempt to move the cows where they needed to go. Notice they are walking calmly. You can't see him, but Glenn was following calmly on the four-wheeler. Later, both cow and man were not so calm. It took much running around, but we managed to force cow compliance.


It was fun. (Not really. )


Maybe next time. (Maybe not.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brett's Dad used to plunk a bale of hay in the back of the Jeep or a pickup truck and drive around Slooowly ... Before long there'd be a trail of cattle all vying for their turn at a bite of dried up old hay. Not exactly a "cowboyish" way to round up the herd ... But effective never-the-less.